HRH System Strengthening
• Works with the state Leadership and Governance Advisor and field staff to provide technical oversight and quality assurance of HRH, at the state, the Local Government Health Authority (LGHA), the facility and community levels in IHP supported states.
• Supports and builds the capacity of the SMOH/SPHCDA to develop and implement State HRH strategies and plans, coordinate HRH activities of implementing partners.
• Facilitate the SMOH/SPHCDA to lead the HRH technical working groups to adapt, domesticate and disseminate HRH related guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery at scale.
• Provides technical assistance to SPHCDA, LGHAs and relevant HRH structures including the private sector to develop state HR systems: institutionalizing HRH governance and planning, monitoring, analysis and forecasting of health workforce needs, workload analysis and HRH data management and utilization.
• Provides technical assistance to the state, LGHA and facility levels for the roll-out, management, utilization and institutionalization of the national HRIS at the state level.
• Provides guidance to the SPHCDA, LGHA and community structures on strategic interventions to address and improve the shortage, maldistribution, and uneven performance of state health care workers aligned with the national Minimum Service Package (MSP).
Responsible for defining State IHP, government health staff and local partner needs for training/capacity development based on any/all the following
• Program, facility, staff assessment
• Defined need from program reports, outputs, outcomes
• New staff
• Identified gaps in capacity/skills from ISS and scorecards
• New strategy and/or implementation approach
• Supports the state and LGHA review and strengthen health workforce in-service training/learning systems to efficiently deliver state level master trainings and cascade training to lower levels including training quality assurance systems.
• Provides technical expertise to SPHCDA, LGHA, facility management committees (FMCs), ward development committees (WDCs) and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to conduct assessments of capacity to manage and deliver quality RMNCH +NM services at the PHC level in line the MSP and WHS.
• Provides TA at state level to generate training profiles that will define training Content (modification/adaptation as needed; mid and final course examination) where they do not exist or work in line with the adapted National training tools.
• Provides TA to appropriate State focal person for maintaining training database, training calendar, archived library of all training material, evaluations, exams and reports as needed of all approved profiles.
• Builds capacity of State focal person(s) to prepare training reports, conduct post training follow up to verify participants’ ability to apply knowledge and skills, and evaluate training programs.
• Works with SPHCDA and LGHAs to sustainably deliver and or outsource efficient and effective training and continuing education using a mix of adult learning methods that improves performance at PHC service delivery, incorporating new and innovative approaches as appropriate to each level of the health structure.
• Contributes to the development/review of program strategies, work plans, budgets, reports and success stories.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Reports directly to Bauchi IHP Governance and Leadership Advisor