Deadline: 7 January 2020
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is seeking proposals for its Fellowship Programme with an aim to provide successful candidates with the opportunity to develop their career through experiencing first-hand, the diversity of activities carried out by a funding agency.
- To provide applicants interested in pursuing a career in research administration for example with an Irish or International funding agency, the experience of the duties and activities involved in such organisations.
- To provide applicants interested in pursuing a career in academic research a holistic overview and understanding of a funding agency.
- To provide applicants with an interest in Communications and/or public engagement an opportunity to gain experience in either the Corporate Communications and/or Education& Public Engagement Divisions.
- To provide applicants interested in a career in the private sector, experience and general trainingin administrative duties, strategic development, strategic implementation, public administration, national policy, presentation skills, project management, communication & Influencing, problem analysis and resolution and teamwork, and a broad introduction to Intellectual Property guidelines relevant to research funded from exchequer sources.
- To provide candidates currently based in Research and Finance Offices, experience that will support them in effectively assisting researchers in the preparation of competitive grant applications and inform their interactions with both funding agencies and the research community in their organisation.
For successful applicants, a fellowship will be offered for a period of up to 36 months, including a probationary period of 11 months.
The applicant must
- The applicant must be in a position to take a period of 12 to 36 months (continuous and full-time) away from their current research activities or other position within the Research Body.
- The applicant must upon receipt of the fellowship be recognised as an employee of the Research Body for the duration of the fellowship grant. Some, but not all, fellowships require that candidates hold a PhD degree or equivalent a graduate degree will be a minimum requirement with relevant qualifications as appropriate.
- Host Research Bodies must be situated in the Republic of Ireland and be eligible for SFI funding.
For more information, visit https://www.sfi.ie/funding/funding-calls/sfi-fellowship-programme/index.xml