The Ondo State government has said that the two suspected Coronavirus cases, who were subjected to test, have come out negative.
This was contained in a statement issued by Mr Donald Ojogo, the state Commissioner for Information and Orientation and made available to newsmen on Thursday in Akure.
“Ondo State is delighted to announce that the two suspected COVID-19 cases subjected to tests came out negative today, April 2.
Also, COVID 19:Ondo Govt. begins fumigation of markets, motor parks.
“The suspected cases, who had contacts with confirmed cases, are from Ondo town and Akure, the state capital, respectively.
“Our current status, as one of the states free from the pandemic, should engender sobriety rather than complacency,” Ojogo said.
The state government, therefore, urged all people in the state to be vigilant and ensure strict adherence with the directives put in place to stem the tide of COVID-19.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that the state government had earlier ordered the closure of all markets and motor parks, while fumigation of major markets across the state has also commenced.
NAN also reports that the government also ordered the closure of all link roads to neighbouring states, with effect from 6 pm on Thursday, as part of measures to contain the spread of Coronavirus in the state.