• Lead the development of training content and tools for agribusiness management
and coordinate their delivery through the state coordinators and training officers
in three states in Nigeria.
• Conduct geographical agribusiness value chain analysis for the project’s target
value chains and work with the state coordinators to identify business
opportunities for entrepreneurial-track youth to develop business models.
• Lead the efforts of the state coordinators in guiding entrepreneurial-track youth to
develop and implement fund-worthy business plans
• Lead all efforts directed towards attracting funding for young agripreneurs, work
with credit institutions to design youth-sensitive financing instruments for
business start-up and expansion.
• Coordinate the day to day management of pilot learning enterprises through the
state coordinators in three states in Nigeria, ensuring the effectiveness of the
learning experience they are to provide.
• Coordinate the efforts of identified project partners in providing mentorship,
business support, and advisory service to young entrepreneurs. Ensure compliance
of partners with all deliverables.
• Assist in the development of a bankable business plan and recommendations for funding
• Develop and nurture a network business partnership with private sector companies
and associations that entrepreneurial-track youth can leverage on to grow and
improve their businesses. Maintain an updated database of these partners
• Provide monitoring of the businesses established and identify challenges to be
addressed/provide the required advice.
• Provide technical support to the trainees and assist them while they are starting
their business and ensure smooth business take off.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
BSc/HND in Economics, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or related discipline
with a minimum of five (5) years’ related experience performing the related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
• Show ability and strong experience in the development of viable business plans
• Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of computer-based control
systems, shared network drives, and excel packages
• Have practical experience in agribusiness, business management especially working
• Have a good understanding of marketing linkages and strategies in agribusiness
• Have excellent communication and supervisory skills.
• Show the ability for efficient and harmonious team leadership
• Be able to mentor budding entrepreneurs to build relevant entrepreneurial skills.
• Be able to link youths to private sector and finance partners for financial and
enterprise development support.
• Have a good understanding of the Nigerian financial system for entrepreneurs
• Have experience working with private sector agribusiness partners.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter
and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website:
http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The
application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees
which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional
colleague, and evidence of the current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse
workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Vacancy for Business Development Officer