• Monitor progress of project activities identify successes and constraints of
implementation and prepare progress reports.
• Conduct field monitoring and validation.
• Develop a monitoring and evaluation system operational framework/plan in
consultation with the Project Director and Head of M&E.
• Update project result framework and log frame in consultation with the Project
Director and Head of M&E.
• Design and manage monitoring and evaluation systems for the YAW project including
monitoring the plans and managing the implementation.
• Design, develop and revise electronic data collection and monitoring and evaluation
processes, tools and methods.
• Manage databases and use SPSS / STATA for analysis of information to assess
progress of the project.
• Facilitate the planning and preparation of annual work plans with a focus on targets.
• Facilitate the submission of updated annual and quarterly target of the projects.
• Coordinate the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports.
• Support the Project director and Head of M&E Unit in preparing different types of
reports and documents as required.
• Carryout out facilitating mid-term and end of term project review
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Master’s degree in Program Evaluation, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences,
Statistics, Development Studies or related field with five (5) years’ experience or BSc/HND
in Program Evaluation, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Development
Studies, or agriculture related field performing similar role.
The ideal candidate must:
• Be proficient user of computer software packages related to database management
and data analysis.
• Have ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other
• Have strong experience working with theory of change, logical framework design,
performance indicator selection and results-based planning approaches.
• Have strong experience developing web-based M&E systems.
• Have experience working with scientists and conducting household surveys and
impact evaluation studies
• Have strong experience using ONA/ODK for data collection.
• Have experience with quantitative / qualitative analytical techniques.
• Have strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have strong coordination, organizational and strong analytical skills.
• Have strong experience in writing reports and intercultural communication skills.
• The ideal candidate is a proficient user of computer software packages related to
database management and data analysis.
• Ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter
and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website:
http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The
application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees
which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional
colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse
workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Vacancy for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer